A long while ago I wrote about the stupid shit people say to vegans, now I’m back with a belter… Now I’m not going to disclose who this is, some of you will know because I ranted at you shortly after it happened, because I’m not here to name and shame, just to highlight how judgemental and insensitive non-vegan people can be but more importantly, how a calm but clear answer can be effective.
Here’s the thing that I find really hypocritical about vegans, why do you need to make your food look like meat?
- What the fuck are you talking about?
- Who the fuck do you think you are judging me?
- How the fuck do I answer this calmly and politely but also firmly
- This conversation is terrible but great content for the blog…
OF COURSE WE FUCKING SHOULD*
*obviously only if you want to
- Swap cheese on toast for vegan cheese
- Trade your fish finger sarnie for fishless fingers
- Find some good sausages
- Switch your bacon (all other vegan bacon needs to get in the bin)
Fake meats are made from plants so who really cares what people what people are eating to be vegan. Most vegans didn’t go vegan because they hate the taste of meat, I certainly didn’t, but we do hate the cruelty behind it. So vegan meats and cheeses are often used to full that gap left when people go vegan. Yeh, I don’t really care how people stick at being vegan, the fake bacon hits the spot sometimes!
However, if you want to read what I wanted to say…
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS? Why do you even care what I eat?! My food is made of plants, flavoured by plants and no animals had to die for it to arrive on my plate. Do you understand what hypocrisy is? Do you really understand how hypocritical it is to say you love animals and eat them?! Why do people cook meat in plants to flavour it if it’s so fucking good huh? Prick. Go away.